The Japan Analytical Instruments Manufacturers' Association and the Japan Scientific Instruments Association (hereinafter referred to as the "Associations") acknowledges the importance of protecting personal information, complies with all relevant laws and regulations, and makes efforts to protect personal information by having all the officers and employees observe internal regulations to protect personal information.
1. Purpose for use of personal information
Personal information provided in inquiries regarding businesses of the Associations, applications for lecture meetings and other events, visitor registration, or similar occasions shall be shared only with the offices of the Associations and related committees, and shall be used for the following purposes:
- Provision of an admission ID card and information related to an exhibit of the Associations for which entrance registration has been completed.
- Provision of a reception ticket and information related to a conference, seminar, or other meeting to which attendance has been requested.
- Provision of a receipt for exhibit booth charges upon request to set up a booth, and of information required to run the booth.
- Provision of information on businesses hosted by the Associations or related committees.
- As a database to improve our future performances in planning exhibitions and related programs.
- Making requests for comments and opinions
2. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Associations shall not disclose personal information to a third party except for the following cases:
- Cases in which consent is received from the person
- Cases in which where all or part of the personal information is outsourced within the scope of the purpose of use
- Cases in which provision of personal information is required or admissible by court orders or enforceable laws
- Cases in which information is disclosed in a manner that prevents individual identification
You agree to share your personal information and to receive information messages from JASIS organizers or relevant service providers under following conditions:
- Swiping your barcode printed on your entry ID tag at the venue during the JASIS 2018.
- Signing up and visiting WebExpo 2018 web pages.
3. Management of personal information
The Associations shall supervise office employees and business consignees to ensure proper handling of personal information, and shall take measures to prevent leakage, destruction, or falsification of personal information. When providing personal information to exhibitor organizations or lecturer organizations, compliance will be requested with cautions for use of personal information by exhibitors.
4. Disclosure, addition, modification, amendment, and deletion of registered personal information
Upon request from the individual, the Associations shall disclose, add, modify, amend or delete registered personal information. Such a request can only come from the person in question.
- When we ask you to provide personal information through the website of the Associations, we ensure the safety of the information by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology.
- We shall not be responsible in any way for the safety of personal information that you provide to third party websites linked from our website.
6. Acquisition and usage of attribute information and user action history that does not identify individuals
- This website uses programs provided by ad serving vendors to conduct behavioral targeting advertising (advertising method where advertisements are delivered in accordance with user interests, based on site browsing history, etc.).
- In doing so, cookies are used in order to obtain information regarding web browsing history (however, this does not include any information that can identify individuals).
- The ad serving vendors use these cookies to deliver advertisements based on information regarding access to certain websites in the past.
Users wishing to disable these ads may do so by accessing the opt-out page of the ad serving vendors and disabling the cookies.
When changing browsers, deleting cookies, or moving to a new PC, settings will need to be reapplied.
Users can go to the advertisement opt-out page to opt out of using Yahoo! and Google cookies (In addition, the use of third-party ad serving vendor cookies can also be disabled at the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page).
If you have not opted out of cookies, Yahoo!, Google, other third-party ad serving vendors, and advertising network cookies may be used.
At the opt-out website of the Network Advertising Initiative, several cookies (not all) can be disabled at once.
・The URL of the opt-out pages are as follows:
Yahoo! opt-out page：http://btoptout.yahoo.co.jp/optout/preferences.html
Google opt-out page：https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page：http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed
For inquiries regarding personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.